One: Scoping it out
- Go deeper. Think about the following variables.
- Space and purpose
- Lifestyle and culture
- Types and use of materials
- Colour and design
- Place, site and location
- Dealing with climate
- Issues related to sustainability
- Draw a plan
- Draw the house from different views
- Learn about drawing with different perspectives
- Talk to an architect
- Talk to a landscape architect
- Download some free software for CAD drawing
- Make a 3D model. Who does that sort of work? Where? Talk to them to learn how to build models that look like you want them to look. Then build your model.
- What do you think it would cost to build your house? How might you work that out? Talk to a builder to find out. Calculate it for your house.
- Give an exhibition showing your designs, models and explaining how and why you've done what you've done. Talk about your interest in doing this and why you love the house.
Five: Extending yourself further
Repeat the activity choosing another country in a different climate. Compare the two houses.